Creating a Home Office Space.
With so many of us working from home nowadays, having a designated space for your office is more important than ever! I’m sharing a few tips today that will help you design your space.
- Think about location. When you’re planning out your home office, think about how much time you’ll be spending in there. Consider who will be around when you’re working & how well you deal with distractions. If you’re easily disturbed by noise, it might be a good idea to choose a spot that’s tucked away.
- Create a view. If your space has a window, position your desk to face looking outside. If not, I would suggest hanging up some art or creating a photo gallery on one of the walls. This way you have something to look at other than a plain wall.
- Light. Especially if your space doesn’t have a window, adding extra light fixtures or a small lamp to the desk can really help brighten it up. You’ll also avoid eye strain or potentially getting a headache from looking at a computer screen for a long period of time.
- Get inspired. Gather up a few sentimental pieces, choose some prints with motivating quotes to hang on the wall, paint the walls your favourite colour, etc. There are so many easy ways to create yourself a space that you feel motivated to work in.
- Keep it clean. Especially if your space is small, this will help with motivation & overall productivity. Adding floating shelves will maximize the space by keeping clutter off the floor and furniture.
- Stay organized. Before you go out and purchase a bunch of bulky things like drawer organizers and cabinets, think about how you work and organize yourself. Measure the space & pick out smaller furniture pieces so the room isn’t packed tightly.
- Make it cozy. Remember this is your space and you’ll be spending lots of time in there. Make sure you choose decor you enjoy. Invest in a good, comfy chair. Make the space feel like your own.
If your home doesn’t allow for a home office space & you’re thinking of selling, give me a call and we’ll find your dream home!
December 21, 2021
Tips for First-Time Home Buyers
Ditching the landlord and taking the leap into the realm of home ownership? While it can be frightening, consumers who have the resources to buy a home shouldn’t shy away from this type of financial decision. But you must be prepared and you much have the money to do so, or you may incur years of unavoidable debt.
December 20, 2021
Home Staging: Making A Good First Impression
If you’re thinking about selling your home, try not to get overwhelmed thinking about all of the small things you’ll need to spruce up, fix, or re-arrange. Completing even a basic staging of your home can go a long way in helping to attract potential buyers.
December 20, 2021
Critters In Your New Home: Now What?
You finally find your dream home after months of online searches, in-person viewings, and negotiations. The offer goes in & is accepted; success! All should go smoothly at this point, right? It should, but that is not always the case, unfortunately. Upon move-in, you discover that you are not the only tenant in your new space; critters such as mice, squirrels or raccoons (oh my!) have made or found a point of entry and have moved in along with you.
December 20, 2021
Mortgage Rates: Big 5 Versus Mortgage Brokers
In previous years, prospective home buyers were limited with options & could only go to a bank when it was time to negotiate a mortgage. Nowadays, first-time buyers, or existing owners, have other routes to explore, such as using a mortgage broker.